Where your money goes…..
Most of the proceeds from the Midwest Fly Fishing Expo flow right back to the resource – Michigan’s Trout, Salmon and Steelhead rivers. That means better recreational opportunities for fly anglers all across Michigan.
MFFC has funded close to $500,000 worth of conservation projects since the Expo began. In this decade alone, thanks to you purchasing tickets for the Expo we have contributed over $95,000, most of those funds have been donated to groups here in Michigan to improve our fishing.
Some of the local projects your participation has helped fund over the past years are:
- Conservation Resource Alliance– RiverCare Kids
- Upper Manistee River Restoration Committee– replace and service sediment traps
- Conservation Resource Alliance– Stabilize banks along Bear Creek
- Upper Black River Restoration Committee– Placement of whole-tree structures
- Royal Oak High School Fly Fishing Club –Funding for necessary supplies
- Lake Superior State University– Educational Studies Grant
- Conservation Resource Alliance– Pere Marquette Bank Stabilization
- Huron Pines– Au Sable River In-Stream Habitat
- Clinton River Watershed – Road-stream inventory